Pumpkin Pie Pudding
This recipe is a gluten-free, microbiome diet riff on the classic pumpkin pie dessert is a delicious alternative to most sugar-laden third course options.
2 cups 100% organic, unsweetened pumpkin puree (butternut squash is okay to substitute)
1 cup plain sheep or goat milk yogurt, greek style if available
1⁄2 cup Lakanto, Dr. Kellman’s recommended sugar substitute
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1⁄4 teaspoon ground clove
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 cup broken walnuts halves
2 tablespoons bright crimson pomegranate seeds
Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all the ingredients except garnishes.
- Pour mixture into a 6 cup baking dish.
- Bake for one hour or more depending on how deep the dish is. The pudding is ready when it is set and a toothpick or skewer test comes out clean.
- After cooling, scoop the pudding into individual dessert bowls or glasses.
- Add garnishes and serve!